[DECtalk] QUESTION

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Sat Apr 9 13:15:04 EDT 2011

If the Dectalk source code is public domain, please send me a copy  of it
on CD, please.  I have a friend that programs, Dan Nordell, who is  actually
on this list but never post.  I'm thinking he could do stuff with  the code
because he's good!  Lenox version would be better for him because  he's
always talking about Lenox.  Actually I want anything I can get  because if
nothing else, Dave and I will learn this and fix it ourselves because  I know
part of what went wrong.

You guys changed some phonetic coding that created a confusion in  the
rules of speaking.  Those phonetics need to be changed back.  And  on the latest
version that I have, the word endings are all messed up.   Now, I don't
know code, but I do know what stuff I'm looking to change.  So  if I can just
figure it out enough to make the changes, I know I can do this, I  just know
it.

Years ago I had a Liberator that was programmed in Binary.   Well, I wanted
to change something but I didn't know Binary.  So I called a  guy named
Cliff, and in just 10 minutes he told me how to read enough binary to  do the
change I was wanting to do.  I found it easy!

So I really feel that if I had what I needed, I'm smart, I can  figure this
out, I just feel like I can do this.  I know BASIC, I know a  touch of
HTML, I've seen C++ but never learned it>  SO WHAT EVER  LANGUAGE THIS IS, I'LL
JUST GRAB A BOOK FOR DUMMIES AND ASK TONS OF QUESTIONS TO  ANYONE I CAN FIND.

Ugh, my caps lock went on, I don't feel like re-typing.   Anyway, I'd like
a shot at this.

SNOOPI BOTTEN

In a message dated 4/9/2011 9:51:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,