[DECtalk] QUESTION

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Fri Apr 8 12:13:49 EDT 2011

I'm throwing this question out because I'm totally confused.   The Dectalk
4.40 speak window that comes with the Dic.en file and everything so  it will
talk.  6 years ago I was told it was public domain.  I think a  lot of
people pass it out, I include it in my software, I give it out for free,  I've
seen it available for download on Dectalk sites, and it was my  understanding
that speak window versions of Dectalk were public  domain.

I was just told today that it's not public domain, Fonix owns those  speak
windows, yet in the same breathe you can't buy a license to sell it.   What?
 I'm totally confused.

Is the speak window Dectalk public Domain?  I had mine since  the early
90's and I thought it was public domain.  Mine was free and I  even still have
the original demo it came with.  It never expires, reads  any size files,
and I never even knew you could buy it, I thought it was  free.

SNOOPI BOTTEN