[DECtalk] Announcement! Sapi5 Dectalk will be available!

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Sun Sep 19 20:47:30 EDT 2010

I don't think there's too many mt voices out there to play around with that
people made up. How to make them sound like they're singing would be another
issue. Awhile back I thought I could make fake Dec Talk singing with an old
utility called analog x vocoder that I heard about on Main Menu, me just
saying "ah" to a melody I wanted to come out Dec Talked, and the words
spoken into a wave file from that old software demo that used to be around.
Well, nothing useful but noise came from that so I quickly erased that. I
heard some goofy kid whisper on Youtube that one can vocode speech on speech
not too long ago, but I don't think there's any electronic way to turn dry
Dec Talk into song whatever two pieces you put in.