[DECtalk] notes for some songs

Alex Hall mehgcap at gwi.net
Fri Mar 28 17:17:31 EDT 2008

I think everyone understands where everyone else is coming from.
I am not the moderator, I am not sure if the list has one (no
offense to you if you are, but I was not informed of the
moderator's name) but I suggest we just drop this thread.

Have a great day,
Alex

Snoopy isn't
>just doing this for a hobby.  This is his job, from my
understanding.  He does
>this kind of Dectalk stuff because he likes it and because he
makes money
>off of it.  With messages pestering him, or saying that you'll
put it online
>so proudly, he's going to get mad.  Wouldn't you? And you're
saying you're
>going to do something he absolutely doesn't want you to do? /All
you have to
>do is read other posts before replying and you would've known it
was already
>clearly said and stated.  I am sorry to waste a page on this, but
it just
>bothers the heck out of me.  If you ever see that CD you think
its creator
>got such an attitude over, if you see that CD that you
congratulated the
>developer for losing another customer, if it's ever free, go and
get it.  I
>certainly can't take messages with that attitude and I doubt
Snoopy can
>either.

Personally I
>> can't believe that you would actually charge for giving out
information
>> that's already online for free anyway, notably the DEC-talk demo
>> software and the manual which explains phonemes, notes, etc.  I
most
>> certainly won't buy your new CD with that attitude, so
congratulations
>> on losing a customer.  Also, the DEC-talk software is not public
domain
>> even though you still refuse to take the time to understand
copyright law.

>> Dectalk at aol.com wrote:
>>> * Ok guys, no one is getting them now.  This is one CD I do not
want
>>> on the internet for a few more years.  Can't any of you respect
that? *
>>> * *
>>> * *
>>> * SNOOPI BOTTEN *
>>> * *
>>> * *
>>> * *

>>> In a message dated 3/27/2008 1:50:10 A.M.  Pacific Daylight
Time,
>>> tony at baechler.net writes:

>>>     If he sends me the CD, I can put the files in a directory on
a web
>>>     server with good download speeds.  I don't know if he
responded or not
>>>     but I'm offering.  My web server is faster than the current
archive
>>>     sites.

visual

>>> Create a Home Theater Like the Pros.  Watch the video on AOL

<http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15&n
cid=aolhom00030000000001>.