[DECtalk] o/t speech synthesizers

Raymond Grote musicalman1 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 11 12:38:24 EDT 2008

Yes, I've tried it. It has only one female english voice. It reads sentences
much more fluently than other synths and sounds a lot like a real human.
However, to me at least, it sounds like a real bored human with sentences
that I've tried. They were just sentences that popped randomly into my head
and didn't seem to be particularly difficult to synthesize. I'd take Real
Speak over it.
My favorite Real Speak voices are Tom, Daniel and sometimes Lee for male,
Samantha for female. Jill comes close but I think it's an older voice and it
just doesn't sound right to me.