[DECtalk] Hosting torrent

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Aug 8 06:34:37 EDT 2008

Hi,

Jayson hasn't contacted me, so this is unofficial.  I've thought about
it and I would be willing to seed and/or host a torrent of the full
archive.  I'm not sure about mirroring, but of course for now the offer
to mirror still stands.  I'm still concerned about some of the material
because of ISP rules and such, but a torrent should be safe enough.
I've never actually hosted torrents before so I admit that I don't know
what I'm doing, but I know I need a tracker.  I know there are several
sites out there that will provide tracker services which is what I would
do.  One site for example is The Pirate Bay but be warned that most of
what's there is not legal and they require captia for registration.
They do offer a tracker though and I can leave my torrent client
running.  I have decent speed so downloads shouldn't be painfully slow.
If I still don't hea anything from Jayson or anyone else, I'm leaving
the list.  I've tried to help over the past several years but I think
I've done more harm than good and there seems little point in staying on
the list.