[DECtalk] difference between the two versions of DECtalk access32?

Blake Roberts broberts at dmv.com
Tue Apr 22 13:27:21 EDT 2008

orhan,
Freedom Scientific no longer sells their version of Dectalk Access32.
According to tech support, the version of Dectalk Access32 on FS's web site
only works for people who purchased a license for it when FS sold the
product.
It is my understanding that the FS version of Access32 used Dectalk 4.41,
whereas the more recent product from other companies use Dectalk 4.6. It is
my personal oppinion that Dectalk 4.3 and 4.4 sound most like the original
DecTalk. Since I don't have Dectalk Access32, I can not comment on how well
any version works with JAWS.