[DECtalk] The DECtalk Archive

Matthew Horspool matthew at thehorspools.com
Sat Sep 22 11:55:37 EDT 2007

Hi All,

The DECtalk archive is now back up!

Here are the FTP credentials:
Address: thehorspools.bounceme.net
Port: 21

Log-in anonymously to access the DECtalk archive.  If you had an individual
user account to manage your files before it went down, that account is back
in working order as well.

If you have submissions and you either do not have a directory or you do not
have an account to manage it, put them in the submissions folder and I will
deal with them as soon as I can.  If you would like an individual user
account, please send the log-in details you would like and your current
directory name to
matthew at thehorspools.com
and I will create the account for you.

I am currently experiencing difficulties with pasv transfer support.  Whilst
I think I know what the issue is and I can deal with it, I advise you to use
active transfers wherever possible.

You can currently upload and download as fast as my bandwidth will allow.
If, however, I find that the archive is slowing my Internet down too much I
will cap it.  Please avoid using the destructive downloading capabilities
provided by your FTP client - this will potentially result in your IP
address being banned from the server for an as yet undecided period of time.

IP addresses that fail to successfully log-in after five attempts within an
hour will be blocked from accessing the server for around six weeks.  This
is a security mechanism designed to decrease server spamming.  If it causes
problems, please let me know.

Finally, the server may go down for brief periods of time.  Over the past
three weeks, however, it has only gone down twice, so I anticipate it being
up for most of the time.

Enjoy!
Matthew Horspool