[DECtalk] DTC01 manual

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Wed Sep 5 09:33:12 EDT 2007

Hi all,

     I know this list has been dead for a while, but I won a DECtalk DTC01
on eBay and should be getting it today. Amazingly, I've found what I believe
to be a user guide and a programming manual for this beast, but it's in .lpr
files, some Vax VMS format. There are also .ln3 files which look like pure
garbage, and someone else has found out that those are probably raw control
data files for a DEC laser printer. Does anybody know how to convert these
.lpr files to text, or know of anyone who might? I'd love to know how to
program stuff like the telephone interface!