[DECtalk] VocalWriter archive, and Bandwidth limiting

Flint Million fmillion at gmail.com
Sun May 20 22:20:34 EDT 2007

Hey everyone

The VocalWriter archive is back up: http://speech.themillionweb.net
I have a bandwidth limiter installed that will limit maximal bandwidth
usage on the archive. Details are on the site.

Jayson: Why not consider a bandwidth limiter? Since you're running
Linux I'm assuming you're using Apache. The mod I'm using is for
Apache 2.x and is called cband. (control bandwidth) I can help you set
something up if you like actually, since I'm really experienced with
Linux. There are 1.x mods too for this use but I'd have to look around
for them. The nice thing about cband is you can limit overall
bandwidth, per-IP bandwidth, and even set bandwidth quotas (no more
than X MB per day/week/month by whoever) or intentionally slow down
certain IPs that are causing trouble.

Flint Million