[DECtalk] dectalk techniques

Katie Madison katiewht at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 17 22:18:26 EDT 2007

Hi all,
It's been a long time since I posted to the list. I was wondering, to those who have made dectalk sing, what techniques did you use. I know the phonemes and the code, but how did you make it sing certain notes in a song. I know the scale, but if you don't know the notes in the song you're programming, how did you know what notes for dectalk to sing. I just sing the song outloud and if dectalk is singing the same notes I'm singing, than that's good. If not, I let it sing the notes higher or lower until the song is just right.
Katie