[DECtalk] non-dectalk question

Missy Hoppe melissah at fuse.net
Mon Mar 6 18:52:39 EST 2006

Hi! I actually do have an olde keynote SA laying around somewhere, and a
few months ago, I tried plugging it into a serial port and to make a long
story short, the results weren't pretty. I'm not sure if the computer
itself locked up, but there certainly wasn't any speech output from the
keynote: just a lot of beeping. Also, the SA doesn't sound quite as good as
the multimedia, but if you have any ideas on how I might get the sa to
work, I'd certainly consider using it again. I guess I need to find a way
to change the com port rates or something. Anyway, thanks for the
suggestion.
Missy