[DECtalk] non-dectalk question

tomi geczy at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 6 16:52:18 EST 2006

Hey,

All I know is that Keynote is not compatible with win xp.  I always wanted the speech system of keynote since my braille note uses it.  So one rainy day, I installed win 98 on  a 2.8 ghz machine and set to work and installed keynote 15 minute demo 1.15 version.  I know for a fact that keynote does not work with win xp since win xp does not use system .  ini or win .  ini to load vxd drivers.  They rely more on the stupid registry, guess for security reasons.  So if your new pc came with win xp, that can be one reason.

As for slowing down the computer, their are a cuple of programs that RUN UNDER WINDOWS.  These are small and worked for me.  I think that your problem is with win xp.

If any of you know how I can run keynote demo multimedia on my system, I would love to use it, even with 15 minutes.  You can get the demo on humanware's website somewhere.  They discont-ued sales, you can no longer buy keynote.  Their last official release was in 1997.

Regards:

Tomi