[DECtalk] dectalk external question

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Mar 2 03:15:33 EST 2006

Jayson, you're wrong on this.  Please try checking on things like
this first since your response is misleading.  Yes, I know you had no
way of knowing but it implies the thing is useless when in fact it
isn't.  I know for sure that Window-Eyes and Vocal-Eyes will support
it.  They still both support the Echo PC.  I have no idea on JFW
obviously.  Also, if it comes with drivers, it's possible to trick it
into being a DEC-Talk PC.  For example, if I load the factory
supplied Express drivers, I can use the Vocal-Eyes DEC PC driver.  I
prefer that driver because speech flows better.  You can do a similar
method with Windows but you'll probably get warnings about memory
management and DOS compatibility mode.  Also, there is Linux Speakup
as you mentioned which could use it and possibly Emacspeak.