[DECtalk] I NEED A BIG FAVOR!

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Sat Feb 25 12:02:30 EST 2006

Say, can someone volunteer to help me out?  I have a one time  task that I
need done and it will sound hard but it's not if you know how to  write a simple
program to do it.  I know it can be done, I'm just not sure  how to do all of
it.  I'm hoping someone on this list will know how to do  what I need done.
I'll do my best to explain this.

On communication devices, I have easy access to the  Dectalk dictionary, so I
can tell it how to pronounce any word I want.  So,  I used the dictionary to
create 26 voice commands.  10 of them are the  standard voices and the other
16 are ones I created.  So I used three  letters as my voice commands.  So
"IMA" would ba the command to switch to a  voice I named Amazing Anne.  So by
typing "IMA" it's as if you typed "[:nu]  [:ra 205] [:dv hs 110 br 50 pr 200 as
100 gf 75 ]".  It's a very easy way  to change voices, very easy!

My problem is, on the software Dectalk speak window, I  can't for the life of
me figure out how to add words to the dictionary.  So  all of my voice
commands end up being read rather than executed.  And some  of my songs change
voices alot!  So you end up hearing ima imb imc imd and  so on all through the
song.  Annoying as hell!

So, what I want done is to have my over 1000 song  files all edited.  Every
time I have a voice command, I want it changed to  the actual string.  I need
it inside brackets with no period after  it.  I do want one space after the
right bracket.  Don't put in a line  break because it will be a mess for some
communication  devices.

Like I said, it sounds hard, but if someone knows how  to write a simple
program, it can be done in minutes.  I just don't know  how to do it.

If anyone can do this for me I would be forever  grateful.  I'm totally in
the hole right now so I can't offer to pay  you.  So this would be a favor.
However, you'd end up with over 1000  song files to play with.  So in my mind,
someone that wants songs would end  up a very happy person.

Do I have any volunteers?  The first one that  answers gets the task.

SNOOPI