[DECtalk] A new Modeltalker list

shaun everiss shaun.e at xtra.co.nz
Tue Aug 22 21:50:10 EDT 2006

thanks for that jayson.
I didn't register the thing , rather I didn't subscribe to the list
or sign up to test as the forms didn't apply to me.
Its good to know that the devs realise the software potentual.
I for one have been wanting this type of system for a while.
Oh
And here is the solution to the problem of the sapi not working,
aparently the mtttseng.dll is not registered.
The following comes from talk2.andrelouis.com
and was posted yesterday the 22 aug 2006 for anyone who wishes to
search for it in archives.
jkenn337 at kutztown.edu
Hi,

Someone from microsoft has figured out why model talker will not work
with jaws and window eyes and other sapi5 applications! The reason is
a dll is not registered in the c:\windows\system32\ folder or
directory. Once you register this dll you may use model talker with
jaws, window eyes, and any other sapi5 application available that
sees it. Any voices you create with the InvTool program will
instantly show up in the list of available voices once you are done
creating the voice. There are jaws scripts for the Invtool program to
help people use it a little better. I have them if anyone wants them.
If someone would be willing to make window-eyes set files that'd be great!
Here are the directions for registering the dll. Please review each
direction and or command carefully with your screen reader's review commands.

1. go to start menu and then to run.
2. in the run dialog box type:
cmd
and press enter. alternatively, go to your windows 95/98/2000/me/xp
command prompt.
3. at the command prompt type:
cd\windows\system32\
4. after each command at the command prompt you must press enter for
the command to be executed.
5. you should now hear or see c:\windows\system32\>
6. now type:
regsvr32 mtttseng.dll
press enter and a dialog will come up saying that the dll is registered.
press enter on ok and you're back at the command prompt.
now type exit and you're back in regular windows.
Now go ahead and see if model talker works with your screen reader!
Again, any voices you create will instantly show up in the list of
model talker voices. have fun and hopefully we'll have some new
screen reader voices to pass around on or off list to each other soon!

Josh

skype: jkenn337
email: jkenn337 at kutztown.edu
aol: kutztownstudent
msn messenger: kenn6498ku at hotmail.com

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to gw-info at gwmicro.com so the entire list will receive it.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
listserv at gwmicro.com and include leave gw-info in the body of the message.