[DECtalk] (DECTALK) SAMPLES OF MY JAM CD

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Mon Apr 10 15:39:35 EDT 2006

For starters, what is the internet archive?  I've never heard  of it at all?
And who do I contact to set it all up?

My boyfriend and I are having a disagreement.  Dave strongly  feels that if I
make my work available for download, no one will have any reason  to buy the
CD.  I feel that if no one here's my work, no one will ever buy  it?

To be honest, my last CD was made in 2002 but I have no sales or  orders
coming in.  I have 1800 copies sitting in my apartment with dreams  of recording
more stuff.  No sales means no money, no money means I can't  record more stuff.

I owe a big thanks to the Chapel Of Hope, and KTIS Radio in  Minneapolis
Minnesota.  My work was about to get air play on the Christian  media, but a
friend stabbed me in the back by telling a Pastor I was gay.   The Pastor had
connections with KTIS, who through the skylight network barred my  music from all
associated networks.  That was part why I left  Minnesota.

I now have a Pastor's license and have thought about trying to get  my work
back on Christian radio which I think I could locally in Ohio.  But  if
skylight ever got word, I'll only be yanked back off again.  So even  though my heart
is in Gospel music, I feel like it's a totally dead end street  thanks to
Minnesota.

So I've been recording rock and country music for a really stupid  reason.
I'm hoping my demos circulates on the internet and falls into the  hands of
someone that thinks this could become a fad.  He'll then track me  down, offer me
a contract and I'll take off.  I told you it was  stupid.

I hate the idea though because if music is not about God, it's  basically
pointless.  I love all kinds of music, but for me, sharing Jesus  means
everything.  So I'm not totally thrilled about doing anything other  than gospel, yet I
feel it's a total waste for me to be held back just because  the word gets
out about me.

No, I don't make it public, and it doesn't ever come up when I  preach.  But
Christians are the most judgmental group of people on the  planet.  So now I
don't even try to hide it because people end up finding  out through the grape
fine.

The problem now is, how do I promote myself without tooting my own  horn?  I
don't think I do.  So with 1800 copies of 2 CD's and no hope  of getting them
on the radio, I shot myself in the foot.  And radio  stations won't air music
unless people can buy it, and I can't record a new  style until I sell my old
stuff.  I can see it now, "By my old music so I  can afford to get out of
gospel music".  That would go over  well.

So this is how stuck I am.  Plus there's an added  problem.  If I ever go
big, I think I'll have to choose a Dectalk voice  that will define me.  I want to
see other Dectalk users come into the music  world, so I may have to choose
one voice and copy right those settings to make  it my very own voice.

But for now I'm just showing off the abilities of Dectalk to  generate an
interest. If the general public gets interested in singing  using Dectalk, this
could create an entire new style of music.

So with my crude music software I'm trying to create the very best  demos I
can to get people interested in Dectalk.  I think I'm hitting good  quality,
but no one has actually said.  So I'm basically practicing, hoping  for a one
hit wonder or something so I can actually have that one shot.  I  expect to fall
on my face, but I still would like to book a few concerts, form a  band, and
see where it goes.

So any promotion ideas that people have, I'd like to hear  them.  Advertising
is not my area.  I can sing, speak, preach, do  comedy, but advertising is
not my area at all!  I don't know what it is,  but I couldn't make an appealing
ad if my life depended on it.  I never  understood why, I just suck with
advertising.

SNOOPI BOTTEN

In a message dated 4/10/2006 1:00:13 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,