[DECtalk] Midi conversion?

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Thu May 26 11:33:40 EDT 2005

Hi, If you are looking for a good place for learning how to make a
program accessible to the blind http://www.blindprogramming.com is
probably the best place to look.  Blind people mostly use the keyboard,
not the mouse under all operating systems and if the program uses
standerd controls listviews and edit boxes properly labeled and not to
many graphics it might work.  Some programs like patchmix dsp that is
part of the emu1820 professional soundcard from http://www.emu.com is
not usable at all with screen readers because it is so graphical not
even a screen readers cursors could tell me what it said so I have to
have someone with vision help me set settings on this professional
soundcard.  Windows volume control is not the way doing this as the card
supports both asio and wdm drivers and I did write emu about making it
more accessible but so far nothing has been done so this sound card is
not one I would recamend to the blind population.  I know this is not
the list to talk about accessibility of programs but just figured I
would bring this up just in case you did not know about it.  If the
program works it would be nice to have.  Also, what version of dectalk
does dynavox use because of hearing demos and people using it it sound
like it is 4.3 or a really good clear version and who makes that product
and where can I get more information on it because I would like to read

--
My web page is at http://www.nickgawronski.com.