[DECtalk] The drivers have gone, any ideas?

1nd0lent X x1nd0lent at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 27 21:11:16 EDT 2005

>From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy at bellsouth.net>
>To: "DECtalk Discussions" <dectalk at jaybird.no-ip.info>
>Subject: Re: [DECtalk] The drivers have gone, any ideas?
>Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:10:14 -0400
>
>Hi,
>I have a correction to make.  I thought this too, back years ago, but
>aparently some misinformation had been going around a while back.
>The DECtalk PC2 is not a PCI card.  It's a smaller ISO card.
>Jayson.

Thanks for the clarification. The naming I was using was based upon some
reading I was doing a few years ago, it might have been wrong. It is not
easy to find definitive information about these synths. I have other old DEC
hardware for which I have no trouble finding User's Manual, Technical
Manual, drivers, etc. For something that got a lot of press, hard info about
DECTalk is too scarce.

CJ