[DECtalk] The drivers have gone, any ideas?

1nd0lent X x1nd0lent at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 27 14:45:56 EDT 2005

Hi Tony,

>From: Tony Baechler <tony at baechler.net>

>Hi.  Check here first.  They have both 4.2CD and 4.61 drivers, including
>for the internal.  I'm not sure about the card you have but they have three
>different sets of drivers.
>
>ftp://ftp.gwmicro.com/

That's certainly a lead! I just dl'd that stuff. Too bad that the text file
doesn't say what the files are, just says to go to their web page for more
info, even though there is no DECTalk info there. I guess I'll convince
myself to burn these onto my last CD and give them a try. The ISA card is
often referred to as DECTalk PC1, the PCI version being PC2. So it appears
that there is one version to try here. One more than I had yesterday! Thank
you.

>Also I don't know if they have NT drivers, they might only be for DOS.
>They are the official drivers as far as I know.

I am sure that these are official, but not all of the official drivers are
there. I did have NT drivers a couple of years ago, and they were release
drivers, not beta or third party. Actually, I was using them in Windows 2000
(aka NT 5.0) with no problems at all. I'll give these a try soon. Here's to
keeping great old tools from lapsing into obscurity!

CJ