[DECtalk] Exciting news!

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 22 01:05:28 EST 2005

Hello everybody!
I have two items of exciting news to report.
1.  As previously discussed, file upload is now available!  To find out how,
either read a previous message I sent to this list, since the method is
still the same as it was for testing, or better, read
http://www.bluegrasspals.com/dectalk/00readme.txt
Yes, folks, this is real, you aren't dreaming!  Note, if you got a username
and password from me privately so you could upload files, you can keep it if
you want since I'm not pressed for disk space now.  If you don't think
you'll ever use it again, prefering to upload files the new way and notify
me when you have uploaded something, let me know and I'll delete your
account.
2.  Right now, as I write this, Planetmirror.com is downloading the entire
DECtalk archive.  Slowly but surely, a mirror of the archive is emerging.  I
haven't tested download speeds from there, but I hope and assume they will
be much faster than mine.  The archive will be available from the following
places.
Via http with lots of Google ads and other junk, at
http://www.planetmirror.com/pub/dectalk
Or via FTP at ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/dectalk
I had just updated the 00readme.txt file to describe file upload when they
started mirroring.  In fact, their copy of 00readme.txt is now out of date.
I will soon be changing it again to describe the new mirror!  I strongly
encourage everyone to use the mirror who can.  My copy of the archive will
still be available, but if you want fast download speeds I don't recommend
it.
Jayson.