[DECtalk] Mirror script disabled again

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 22 01:29:01 EDT 2005

Hi,
For a few weeks now, the program I am using to mirror the DECtalk archive
has been misbehaving in a way which not only annoys me, but also doesn't
make the latest files accessible to you guys.  I have not found a workaround
nor an alternative mirroring program I like, so from now until further
notice, my mirror will not be updated.  The files that are already there
will remain and be available, but new files will not become available.  The
information below is only for Linux geeks, if you don't qualify and don't
understand it, simply ignore it.
W3mir, the mirroring program I've been using for almost a year, has suddenly
started misbehaving in a very annoying way.  My cron script changes to
/var/www/dectalk, then calls the program.  However, it's mirroring the
archive to / rather than /var/www/dectalk like it should.  This is
completely undesirable.  Since stuff goes in /, not even /dectalk, a mass mv
of all files is out since that would move everything on the whole system and
wouldn't work anyway.  I had a friend do some searches, and aparently a few
other people have complained about this and gotten no solutions.  I don't
like wget, because for some reason it thinks it has to mirror certain stuff
above where I want it to start.  E.G. if I tell it to mirror
http://onj.andrelouis.com/Dectalk, it also grabs
http://onj.andrelouis.com/index.html and some pictures and other files which
I do not want in the least.
Jayson.