[Blindapple] an introduction

JM Casey crystallogic at ca.inter.net
Thu Sep 28 17:31:07 EDT 2017

Hey Eric.

Yes, I haven’t played with the emulator enough to verify that the method of switching disks works. Some people on the audiogames forum seem to have got it going, though. All my eamon apple images here are in 800 .po image format, which I was just told will not work on the 2 E emulator. But there is a big archive of .dsk images at the Eamon Guild site, I think. I’ll be looking for that later myself.

Getting off topic for this list, but if you don’t have Win 10 64, I recommend the Eamon Deluxe port for PC very much. It works great if you can get qbasic going. The newest version, 5.0, comes with Dos Box, but as yet I haven’t figured out how to get that to work with a screen-reader (it might require a hardware synthesizer, I guess, too). But I’m still investigating this. When I contacted the developer around 2011 he was very forthcoming and helpful, but it looks like he hasn’t worked on the project since 2014, so I’m not sure he wants to be contacted about this any longer.

Did you ever play these games on the Apple? I had maybe around a dozen adventures, and I played all of them, even the two or so that had bugs in them that caused them to break to basic prompt either before or during play. I found out there were over 200 adventures, and by that time I was on PC/Msdos and couldn’t play them. I was a little upset about that! Haha