[Blindapple] getting text out of an apple image

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Mon Jul 24 21:03:08 EDT 2017

Hi,

I echo what others have said. Select the file in the CiderPress main
window, then hit tab. This will get you a read-only view of the text.
This also works for Applesoft/Integer/SC Assembler listings. For binary
files, the default view is a commented monitor-style disassembly
listing. Ctrl+Home, Ctrl+Shift+End, Ctrl+C should then get that text
onto the clipboard, where it can be pasted into any text editor.

If you're wanting to actually change what's in the file, as far as I
know the only way to do this would be to extract the contents as above,
modify it, save it as a text file, and import it into a disk image.

Hope this helps,

Jayson