[Blindapple] switching disks

Jeff Weiss jeff-weiss at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 7 16:50:50 EDT 2017

I have not been able to get the switching disks command to work in the
emulator.

The thing that works for me with two dos 3.3 disks loaded is to:
1 type catalog,d2
This will show you a list of disks on drive 2 and leave you there.
catalog,d1 of course changes back to drive 1--just like on a real Apple II e
.
2.  If you know the name of a program that you want to run on the other
disk, you could type
run filename,d2 and that program will run and you would be changed to drive
2.
You do need the comma before d1 or d2.
I don't know that this would be useful for the emulator, but a slot
designator ,s6 can also be used to change slots, so you could use
catalog     ,s6,d2 which isn't necessary if we are only using the slots for
the 2 drives; however in ProDos, you could use
cat,s3,d2 to get to the ram disk if you have a version of Textalker modified
by Larry Skutchan.  You could also use Cat /ram to do the same thing.

Also, reguarding integer basic, another way to change back to applesoft
basic is to type the command
FP
This stands for floating point because of the kind of numbers that can be
worked with.  FP also clears any programs out of the AppleSoft memory area,
returns himem and lomem to their normal values, and I believe it also
changes the maxfiles value back to the normal of 3 files which can be opened
at a time.

Hth,
Jeff Weiss