[Blindapple] Can we alter the power and state keys?

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Tue Jul 4 16:10:51 EDT 2017


I don't know of a way to modify the keyboard layout. That's not saying 
there isn't a way, but the MESS/MAME UI is, as far as I know, pretty 
much inaccessible. Your best bet would probably be to get a USB full 
desktop keyboard and use that.


On 7/4/2017 1:33 PM, John Isige wrote:
> I'm running mess on a laptop with a pretty full keyboard, full numpad 
> and everything, but I don't have a scroll lock key. Well, I'm pretty 
> sure I don't, right shift is listed as pause, which you get with the 
> fn key, but if I hit ctrl-fn-right shift, NVDA's input help reports it 
> as ctrl-break. So it's possible I have scroll lock somewhere, but if 
> so I haven't found it.
> This naturally leads to the question in the subject, of course. Is it 
> possible to alter the keys used to change power and state, e.g. for 
> switching floppy disks? If so, how do you do it?
> _______________________________________________
> BlindApple mailing list
> BlindApple at bluegrasspals.com
> http://jaybird.no-ip.info/mailman/listinfo/blindapple

More information about the BlindApple mailing list