[Blindapple] new member and reading archives

Jeff Weiss jeff-weiss at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 3 14:05:34 EDT 2017

Hello,
My name is Jeff Weiss and I just joined the blind apple list.
I used to publish a disk magazine for blind Apple users originally called
Apple Talk.
Due to a problem with licensing Dos for the magazine, I later changed the name to
A-Talk.
First, how do I read the archives?  I downloaded some files that end with .gz.  I guess this is some type of zip file, but where can I get the program to unzip the files?

My next question is how do most of you boot your apple disks on the pc?  I have started launching mine with batch files, which makes the process much easier than typing out the entire launch commands.

Also, I think Jason said that there are additional disk images available.  Are they available for download, or directly from Jason?

That's enough for now, and I look forward to comments from other list members.
Jeff Weiss