[Blindapple] Apple II floppy crates collection

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Nov 10 09:16:26 EST 2015

The following link has a collection of Apple II and III floppy disk images.
  I don't think there is Textalker for the Apple III and I didn't bother
downloading those, but I did get the Apple II set.  Below is the README
file.  It's mostly public domain, but there are some other interesting
utilities.  I have no idea how many of these work with speech, but surely
many should.  There is even Sensible speller, but not the APH talking
version.  You can download a zip archive of them.  Make sure to get the
second one, not the smaller one for the Apple III.

https://archive.org/details/AppleFloppyCratesCollection

RON FENLEY APPLE FLOPPY COLLECTION
Circa 1984
INSTRUCTIONS AND EXPLANATIONS
==================================

This is a collection of images Apple II floppy disks sent to Jason Scott in
2015.
Using the ADT (Apple Disk Transfer) program, which utilizes a vintage Apple IIe
and a floppy drive. Effort was taken to produce as accurate a read of the
floppies
as possible, resulting in .DSK files that contain the data from the floppies.
(These are sector-based readings, and contain the directory structure and file
information. If a disk has unusual or secret items, they may not have been
grabbed).

The majority of items from BOX 1 are from the HAAUG Public Domain Library.
(HAAUG
is the Houston Area Apple Users' Group). The rest of the boxes include
donations
from Apple enthusiasts, the Corpus Christi Apple Users Group, and other sources
lost to time. Collector Ron Fenley sent these three boxes of floppes after
holding
them for decades, and copied many floppies himself, although he can't
specifically
credit which floppies came from which source.