[Blindapple] Any interest in improved Eamon disks?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Feb 7 23:39:30 EST 2014

Hi,

I would like copies of these for my archives, especially if you can confirm
that they were originally DOS 3.2 disks.  This is probably the lost version
1 of the Beginners Cave.  I do have some very early Eamons in my archives,
including one dated 01-03-1980, but I know I don't have a definitive set of
early disks.  I'm especially looking for the three tournament adventures and
the tournament master.  I know about the save game routine you mentioned as
it was released on the early set of utilities, probably around 1981, but as
I say, it was later incorporated into almost all official EAG releases.
Also, are the early disks in image form?  If not, I would be willing to pay
you a few dollars for your time to image them.  I am very eager to get as
complete a set of early Eamon archives as possible.  You have mentioned
other disks you have as well which would also be nice to get as images.

One thing that drove me nuts when doing very early Eamon research is the
lack of dates on things.  Except for Swordthrust, Don Brown never dated
anything, so it's impossible to know how far back a disk goes.  The 01-03-80
date I mentioned is for adventure #3, the first one not written by Don
Brown.  Applesoft wasn't released until 1978, so one can assume that version
1 came out in around 1979 or late in 1978, but there are no dates on the
first two disks.  If what you're saying is true, DOS 3.3 was dated 1980, so
it would be interesting to look at the original DOS 3.2 disks not converted.
 Fortunately, I have a tool to handle 13 sector disk images.  Please feel
free to write me off-list if you want.  <tony.baechler at gmail.com>