[Blindapple] eamon, disk switching, and other randomness

John Schucker gwynn at tds.net
Sun Sep 15 02:30:57 EDT 2013

I can't help with your laptop issue, except to say that you probably do
have a scroll lock key. For instance, I have a Logitech wireless
keyboard, and my scroll lock is actually fn-pause. So one of your keys,
with the fn key added, should do scroll lock for you.

As for finding out what the Echo is saying, you don't have to wake up
jaws and do OCR. Run either tapple.dsk or echocric.dsk and learn how
text Talker's review functions work. But briefly, hit ctrl-l, then a
letter from a-x, that picks your line number. Once you've done that you
can move around with the arrow keys. 't' toggles between letter and word
mode for the horizontal arrows. esc exits. But it's detailed really well
on both disks. Good luck!