[Blindapple] nearly there.

Darcy Burnard dhsdarcy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 21:49:01 EDT 2013

Hi Siobhan.  Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to you.  I was busy most of the day yesterday with covering Apple's announcement for a podcast I'm involved with, so I'm just getting caught up today.
Have you made any further progress with the emulator?  If not, here are a couple of things to keep in mind.  When in the terminal, you need to be in the directory where the emulator is.  An easy way to do that is to find the messapple-mac folder in the finder.  When you have that folder selected, press command c.  Then open up the terminal, and type cd then a space then press command v, and finally press enter.  This should paste in the full directory name to the right folder in to the terminal.  I'm probably making that sound way more complicated than it actually is.  But if you haven't done much with the terminal, it's an easy way to do it.
The other thing to remember is that you need to type the command exactly the way it's listed in the readme file.  The command begins with a period and a slash.  For example, if you want the echo games disk, the command you want is "./mess64 apple2ee -flop1 disks/EGAMES.DSK".  You don't type the quotes.  You may want to look at that a character at a time to make sure you've got it right.
Hopefully this made at least some sense.  If not, let me know and I'll be happy to help you further.
Darcy