[Blindapple] apple2ee emulator with windows xp 32bit

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sat Nov 16 04:54:50 EST 2013

I would need more information to help you, like what the processor is and
the load on the machine.  Try shutting off the screen reader and virus
scanner, including malware scanners.  I'm running 32-bit XP and it works
fine here, but I initially had a problem with the Echo speech.  The volume
was too loud.  Turning it down fixed the problem.  Yes, your ideas about
video and audio can help, but I doubt if they'll make much difference.  It
is already using standard Windows video by default.

Also, regarding MESS generally, including the .ini files, keymaps, changing
keys and other settings etc, there is extensive documentation at
http://mess.org/ under the Documentation link.  It's rather confusing and
much of it doesn't apply to the blind user as it's for arcade game consoles,
but much of it does.  Also, the README is wrong.  You don't need the Insert
key to change between full and partial keyboard emulation.  Just Scroll-lock
by itself works fine.

--
Have a good day,
Tony Baechler