[Blindapple] introduction

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 28 23:14:22 EDT 2005

Hi,
I have access to this other screen reader, and as far as I can tell, it
isn't really textalker compatible.  It uses most of the same commands used
by Textalker, but it is designed to be used with a serial voice device.  It
won't actually emulate the functionality of Textalker for use with an Echo
synthesizer.  Thus, the source for this screen reader would not be helpful
in determining the low-level detection and communication protocols used by
Textalker.
Jayson.