[Blindapple] introduction

GUI Access guiaccess at covad.net
Wed Jul 27 21:16:31 EDT 2005

We're talking about what I [and probably several others] refer to as
the 'Talking Disk', right?  The one from 1984, by Mark Cross,
containing:

Talking Writer
Typing Game
Dragon Maze
Space Invaders
Music Game
... and at least one other thing that I cannot remember at the moment

There was also a 'Talking Riddles' disk with riddles and similes and
maybe one or two other things...  These were like the two most
quintessential "talking" disks in the mid 1980's.

I was just going through all my Apple II disks a few weeks ago and
came across both of these.  I only recognized them by the labels;
after nearly 10 years dormancy I have no idea how good a shape the
disks are in, and neither of my Apple IIgs's are set up right now.  :(

As long as we're hashing through all this stuff.  How many on the
list learned to type using 'Echo Type' by Sensory Aids Foundation.

Anyone else reading care to share their own memories of growing up
with the Echo?

GUI Access