[Blindapple] introduction

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 25 23:22:10 EDT 2005

Hi,
Apples are not, in fact, larger than a modern desktop.  Either you misunderstood or whoever told you that didn't know what they were talking about.  Apples do contain more parts, as the CPU itself contains no disk drives.
The Apple IIe is larger than the IIgs.  Part of this is because the IIe case has to support a built-in keyboard, whereas the IIgs's keyboard is external.  The IIc is the smallest Apple, and the nearest thing to a laptop they ever made in the Apple II series.  With the small size, however, come some disadvantages.  There are no expansion slots, so things like the Echo must connect to serial ports on the back, of which there are only two.
Hope this helps.
Jayson.