[Blindapple] (no subject)

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Nov 25 00:07:08 EST 2004

At 11:35 AM 11/24/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Because that disk is to be used in pascal I don't remember if its readable
>without running pascal itself.  I think it is but I don't actually know if it
>will image.  I'll see and if nothing else can send you a copy snail mail.

Hi.  I can comment on this.  I have several disks of both Apple and UCSD
Pascal.  I have Apple Pascal 1.0 and 1.1, plus UCSD Pascal 1.0.  UCSD
Pascal is slightly older with a date of 26 Jul 1979 while Apple Pascal
seems to be from 1980.  Apple Pascal is a newer version of UCSD
Pascal.  All are disk images, so this is possible.  Also, they work fine
under A2 except that apparently the display requires 80 columns but A2 cuts
off at 40.  I would like to find a version of Textalker for this
too.  Apparently UCSD Pascal 1.1 and Apple Pascal 1.0 are the same or very
similar.  There is no easy way to read Pascal disks under DOS 3.3 but I
might have a utility to do that if needed.  It shouldn't matter with ADT
though since it is a sector image, not a file image.