[Blindapple] The gs is talking!

g_brennantg at TITAN.SFASU.EDU g_brennantg at TITAN.SFASU.EDU
Wed Nov 24 00:46:11 EST 2004

If you just want screen output and don't need review etc. you just turn on the
slot where the synth is located and away you go with no drivers necessary.  Its
like sending things to a printer.  The first time I used it it was for playing
Infocom games.  I just used the "script" command.  When you use a slot like that
it used the Doubletalk's voice rather than the Echo's voice.  If your program
environment will let you send control codes you can control the synth but its
different controls from the Textalker program although those are actually
determined by the Echo's chip.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html