[DECtalk] dectalk software and cd rom drive conflicts, solutions?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Wed Jan 24 23:06:57 EST 2024

Hi folks,
I did manage to find the actual dectalk 4.1 software I needed for the
longer older dectalk internal card.
I am using it to write this email in fact.
However, one issue noted in both the 4.1 dectalk package, Which i am
running, and the 4.2 software is an issue dectalk can have that conflicts
with cd rom drivers.
The suggested solution did not work, can revisit it if there are ideas.
Tried changing the address the card uses and everything to no avail.
However, my cd rom drive is quite critical.
Did anyone  ever find a universal cd rom driver, I am in DOS, using the MS
DOS driver in 7.1, that solves the conflict?
even under Linux?
Thanks,
Karen