[DECtalk] Software DECtalk availability (was Re: using dectalk with orca in ubuntu)

Jason J.G. White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sun Feb 4 06:45:07 EST 2024

On 4/2/24 01:05, Brandon Misch wrote:
> i think that android itself is opensource but companies like samsung
> and motorola put there own touches on it.
I think that's right - the Android Open-Source Project provides the
operating system, then Google adds its proprietary services, and various
device manufacturers customize it in proprietary ways. As far as I know,
Android is open-source in that sense, and I think there are open-source
versions you can install on devices.