[DECtalk] connecting Dectalk Express to computer

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Sun Mar 24 12:47:37 EDT 2019

Hi,

Yes, you'll need a USB to Serial adaptor. Some probably work better than
others, but I don't have any experience with them so you'll need help
from someone who's actually been there and done that.

As for where to buy the DECtalk Express itself, my only suggestion is
eBay. I don't know of any companies who are actually still selling
DECtalk Express units. Keep in mind that even if you get a unit with the
imho awful Force Computers 4.6.1 firmware, it can be downgraded to 4.2CD
or whatever it is, AFAIK the last version of the DECtalk Express
firmware released by Digital.

Jayson