[DECtalk] DecTalk PC Video

Don Text_to_Speech at GMX.com
Sun Jul 28 22:09:20 EDT 2019

Hi Brandon,

On 7/28/2019 6:48 PM, Brandon Tyson wrote:
> I decided to take a look at the emulator stuff, which I thought I found at:
> https://archive.org/details/dectalk
> However, I get a lot of files with odd names and I'm not sure how to
> use them. I downloaded the zip file called dectalk.zip.

That's a collection of two versions of the ROMs (Read Only Memories)
that were installed in the DTC-01 synthesizer.  Their contents
will be of no use to you as they represent the software that the
68000 microprocessor in the DTC-01 ran -- the original DECtalk
"hardware".

The emulator pretends that it is a 68000 microprocessor and "runs"
the program that is embodied in those chips.

--don