[DECtalk] decTalk and speech-fx-inc

Don Text_to_Speech at GMX.com
Tue Jul 23 17:02:06 EDT 2019

Hi Josh,

On 7/23/2019 8:31 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
> One of my family members downloads pirated movies from places on the
> internet. But I would rather purchase them because when you do, you get
> perks that you just do not get with pirated or illegal copies. You get
> descriptive video, and extra content.
There are always "benefits" associated with legitimate purchases
of a product.  They may be "perks" bundled with the product.
Or, the ability to talk to someone on the phone to resolve a problem
you're having.   Or, being able to make a feature request known with
the realization that the vendor is more likely to address such a request
from a paying customer than from a leech!

You're also more comfortable trusting the executable (in the case of
a program) to run on your computer and not muck with things, maliciously
(i.e., it likely has not been infected with malware).

By purchasing my AutoCAD license from a current (at that time)
registered owner, I could legally upgrade that version at a
reduced price -- instead of trying to find a pirated copy of
the more recent product.

This proved invaluable as there were some nasty bugs in the
purchased upgrade.  And, because I was a legitimate user, I was
able to get those bugs fixed, promptly -- likely before others
would have stumbled on them in a pirated version.