[DECtalk] decTalk speak windows

Aksel Leo Christoffersen aksel at blindsigtmail.dk
Sat Jul 13 16:01:30 EDT 2019

Hi Josh,

As fare as I know, the error 4 means, that the speak window can’t find a active DECtalk license on your computer.

You’ll need to run the file called gwdec32.exe. As long as it’s running, the speak windows schould work fine, except for 4.41, that needs some more things to be done. There’s also some of the speak windows that work on their own, but it’s good to run the license to be on the save side, I think.

If you don’t have the file, you can download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/91k8o55xrw5auyo/GWDEC32.EXE?dl=1

Hope this helps you.

Best regards:

Aksel Christoffersen