[DECtalk] decTalk with keysoft?

Josh Kennedy joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 14:20:23 EDT 2019

Hi,
I read that decTalk used to work with keysoft from humanware a long time ago? Which version(s) worked with keysoft? And did decTalk make various beeps and tone sounds when it was being used with keysoft? If so, what kind? Also, I am surprised that nobody has come out with a decTalk for android yet.
I researched several old dos screen readers, while not all of them supported all available speech synthesizers at the time, they all certainly supported decTalk! And even old windows screen readers like outspoken they also supported decTalk! Too bad decTalk multilingual is not open source, and can be modified or new languages added to it.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10