[DECtalk] Best way to record sound from a DECtalk Express

Tom Kopec w1pf at comcast.net
Fri Sep 7 16:06:12 EDT 2018

Make sure you are using a LINE-IN and not a MIC-IN on the recording
device. The DECTalk output level is far to high for a MIC-IN input and
the result will be noisy and distorted.

If all you have is a MIC-IN, radio shack makes an "attenuating dubbing
cord" which will work (but is only mono, doesn't really matter because
the DECTalk output is really mono - it is wired so that it will work OK
with a mono or stereo plug) .. I think it is part number 42-2152 ..
amazon has sellers that carry it.