[DECtalk] Snoopi's messages

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Mon May 7 16:25:41 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'm pretty sure those two messages from Snoopi are outright spam,
probably caused by someone or something hacking into his Email account
possibly years ago, then harvesting his address book and sending out
spam messages to people on that list. This presents me with a dilemma. I
know Snoopi to be a real human who has a valid reason to be on this
list. On the other hand, if this keeps happening, my server could get a
reputation for sending spam, which would negatively affect Email
delivery for not only this list, but others I run as well. On the other
other hand, since these spam Emails are almost certainly not being
knowingly sent by Snoopi, there's nothing he can do to stop them.

Snoopi, if you're reading this, do you have another Email address which
you know to be trusted, which I could subscribe to the list. If I did
this, I'd unsubscribe your AOL address so whoever is sending spam from
that address can't send to the list again.