[DECtalk] Some questions about DECtalk Express

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Fri Aug 10 17:45:27 EDT 2018

Hi,

The DECtalk Express uses an internal rechargeable battery pack. As old
as these things are, that pack is probably dead, and is probably hard to
impossible to find. If needed, the battery pack can be removed from the
unit by anyone comfortable with opening it and disconnecting the battery
pack. This also makes it a bit lighter, but of course then it will only
work on AC power.

The DECtalk Express uses a 12 volt DC transformer, not sure of the polarity.

Hope this helps,

Jayson