[DECtalk] Some questions about DECtalk Express

Aksel Leo Christoffersen aksel at blindsigtmail.dk
Fri Aug 10 15:02:18 EDT 2018

Hi,

So, I recently buyed a DECtalk Express, and now, I have a few questions,
that I hope someone here can answer.

First, when I received the unit, I tried to charge it with the original
chager, but I didn't know, that people in America uses 120v, while we in
Denmark uses 230v for electricity, so I think I might have burned the
charger. Does anyone know, if I can get a new charger for it with 230v, or
if I can get a new charger and an adapter from 120 to 230 v?

Also, I was told on a forum, that there was a commandline program on the
installation disc, that I could use to send text files to the DECtalk
Express, and sence I didn't have the installation disc, I downloaded the
dtxv42cd.exe, which I guess is the installation disc. So, do I have to
install the drivers on a Windows 9x virtual machine for the text program to
work, or is it just a program, that I can open from my Windows 7 machine?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards:

Aksel Christoffersen