[DECtalk] DecTalk Express User Dictionary

Mike S underthetoaster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 14:40:12 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I am using an old DecTalk Express and wondering if there is a way to
load a pronunciation dictionary onto the synthesizer itself, rather
than relying on those used by the screen reader, which does not allow
the codes for DecTalk's phonemes and stress marks. All I can find out
on the web is info about the DecTalk USB,. I remember when I used to
use DecTalk PC there was a demo program that would compile and load
the pronunciation dictionary  onto the speech card. I even still have
my old dictionary. Is there any knowledge of something like that for
the Express?

Thanks.

Mike