[DECtalk] voice creation

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Thu Sep 7 18:35:35 EDT 2017

Josh, Your experience with Jake's Circum Reality Keynote voice explains why
it made my screen reader crash a few minutes after I started using it months
ago. Ulysses, The Keynote voice referred to is Jake's Circum Reality version
of the Keynote Gold synthesizer. I believe Jake used his Braille Note
notetaker which contains the Keynote voice and recorded thousands of words
with it via Circum Reality software. I think the Keynote voice used in the
recording is a card or chip within the Braille Note.

Luis, I know that Cereproc offers a voice creation service for a fee. I
contacted Cereproc a year or two ago asking about accessibility of the
process. Specifically I wanted to know if creation of a Cereproc voice
requires Flash. The answer was yes for setup of the headset which they ship
after voice creator purchases the service. The rest of the process is
apparently in HTML5. That's what I was told then. I chose not to purchase
CereVoice service at that time because Flash requirement would prevent me
from independently completing the process.  I don't know if Flash is still
utilized in Cereproc's voice creation service (CereVoice). I have no idea
about the voice creation process for making an Acapela or Cepstral voice.

Blake

  _____